PDA

View Full Version : Red-crested Pochards and the blue winter sky

Subhash Shrivastava
08-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Nikon P510, 1/250, F4.9, 78 mm, ISO-110, 15% cropped.
Clicked on 14-Dec-13 in Kareli lake in Vikarabad.

Mrudul Godbole
08-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Nice scape. Presently the image is nearly divided in half. From which side have you cropped? You could have composed to include the tree tops and the sky (as you have mentioned in the title :-))and cropped a bit from the bottom. Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
08-04-2014, 09:34 PM
oh my, i have cropped out the treetop along with skyline though there was not much of the sky. that day i was awestruck by the blueness of water though it is a shallow lake.
I did little bit of cropping in the bottom also to bring the birds little closer.
Thanks for sharing feedback, Mrudul. It helps a lot a new learner like me.

Roopak Gangadharan
09-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Nice to see this subash. you are giving us some interesting glimpses into the natural wealth of places not known to most and I hope they remain that way ....
TFS
Roopak

Subhash Shrivastava
11-04-2014, 12:10 AM
hi Roopak, thanks for sharing your views. It's true that i have found migratory avian treasure closer to home than in farther places in AP like coastal and Rayalseema. I have travelled AP extensively that too through off beaten roads in my car. Alas, I am just counting season by season till when will it last, already many lakes are nearer to become biologically dead. If time permits I want to document these places and their birds, let's see when that will be possible.