PDA

View Full Version : Corbett Diary Apr-13

Vipin Sharma
19-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Safe and secure , In the arms of his mother.
At first, baby elephants don't really know what to do with their trunks. They swing them to and fro and sometimes even step on them. They will suck their trunk just as a baby would suck its thumb.
Camera Canon EOS 7D , Focal Length- 313mm , Shutter Speed 1/320 secs , Aperture f/8 , ISO 200 , 150-500mm Sigma

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Lovely expression in the eyes of the baby elephant.
"Catch me if you can": he asked the unknown intruder.
Just like a child from behind his mother's sari.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
19-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Lovely composition. I liked the way the baby elephant is peeping from behind the mother. I think lowering the colour temperature a bit would be good. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Shyamala Kumar
20-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Like the elusive look on the baby elephants face. Nice capture.Agree with Mrudul about the colour temperature, though.Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
20-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Nice shot.I have seen similar babies at Wayanad.It was difficult to get a good shot....This one is wonderful.

Regards

Sabyasachi Patra
24-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Nice to see this. I like the idea behind the image. The baby is safe and secure. The baby's eyes have come out fine.

However, the image is too yellow. With digital, we can just pull the slider and the colour changes. The best images are those that closely approximates the colour and contrast found in nature. Too often good images are lost in the editing table due to improper colour correction. In some of the online photosharing sites in India, I find there is a trend to convert the images with more of yellow/orange hoping to give an impression that the image was shot during the early morning or late evening golden light. One needs to be cautious about that.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi