PDA

View Full Version : The cold hunter and its juicy prey

Prajwal J Ullal
21-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Spotted this Dog face water snake, along with a few more near by, along the water way and it remained still for as long as 10-15mins, after which my patience ran out due to slippery floor, and even though the small crabs and 'snails', i guess, were in such close proximity it didnt move a bit. I guess that might be due to the fact that it was early in the morning and the sunlight had just started falling onto the reptile.

EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250IS
Shutterspeed: 1/400
F/7.1
ISO 400
Handheld

Mrudul Godbole
21-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Nice sighting of this reptile. I think the focus is locked ahead on the crabs and the snails. You could have tried photographing from the other side as presently your shadow (not sure) is on the snake. Thanks for sharing.

Prajwal J Ullal
21-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Thats not my shadow but the filth of the sewage water let off from nearby building or the scrap deposited onto the shores. The sunlight was onto my left hand side and not towards my back, I was keeping it in my mind to avoid capturing/ casting my own shadow on my subject

Mrudul Godbole
22-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Good you took the precautions to avoid getting your shadow. Thanks for clarifying.

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Very natural photograph of the the predator and the prey. I used to see them as a child standing beside our tank in my village in East Midnapore. Now they are not seen.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
01-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Nice scene. Approximately what was the length of the snake? Nice to see the shadows of the crabs. What was the distance of the snake from you?

Shaktipadaji,
What is the name of this snake in bengali?
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prajwal J Ullal
02-06-2014, 09:35 AM
This wouldnt had been more than a feet long, though I couldnt spot its full body, but one of them moved after a long wait and that seemed to be around a feet long. there were 3 of them at a stretch of 2 meters and we were 3-4 feet away from it.