PDA

View Full Version : Indian Scimitar Babbler

Bibhav Behera
28-04-2014, 11:00 AM
ID: Indian Scimitar Babbler

An Indian scimitar babbler is so named because of its distinctive beak shape which resembles a curved sword (scimitar). It is seen here perched on an exotic Eucaplyptus tree's bark.

Canon EOS 7D, 420mm
SS 1/100
f/5.6
ISO 800

Full frame Image. Comments and critiques welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
28-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Lovely perch and eye contact. The side profile has helped to get a clear view of the curved beak. Liked the composition and the details. Thanks for sharing.

Shyamala Kumar
29-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Rare capture.Nice composition.The curved beak is prominently evident.Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Lovely. I don't remember image of this species posted here earlier. I guess this is your first capture too? The bark of the tree has come out well. Overall I like this image. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
03-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Hi Sabyasachi,
This is my first image of the bird as well. This is an extremely skittish bird. Only after around 20 mins could I get a decent frame of this bird. They were in a foraging group of 9 that I could count.

Abhishek Jamalabad
04-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Nice frame. This bird is pretty tough to capture. Agree that the bark adds to the image... in fact a similar image of just the bark (without the bird) would look good in itself. :)