PDA

View Full Version : Corbett Diary Apr-14

Vipin Sharma
30-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Khalij Pheasant--Male.
==============
A group of Khalij Pheasant male and female were sighted near samber road in Dhikala zone and we were lucky enough to capture them within a distance of 15mtr or so , had a pleasant 1/2 hr with the group and they were pretty much comfortable with our presence.
More pic of group to follow.
TV - 1/2500 , ISO - 1000 , AV - f/4.0 , Canon 300mm L IS USM , Canon 7D , Focal length - 300mm date : 08/04/14.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Lophura leucomelanos. male.This is a very colourful bird. The greens have become oversaturated. I think the focus is at the back of the bird. Since the bird is angled away from the camera/focal plane, the eye portion is not covered by depth of field. Do you have any image of a bird parallel to the lens? Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Vipin Sharma
30-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Dear Sabyasachi , thnx indeed for your comments , as you rightly says the focus is indeed on the body of bird and not on bird's eye , I was trying to focus on birds eye but the jeep position and bird's position was not in synchronised and hence was struggling to get the eyes in focus.
I do have plenty of images of male and female. Shall post during the course of two three days.

Mrudul Godbole
01-05-2014, 11:33 PM
The colours have come out well. Good that you had a nice sighting within close range, as they are usually very shy birds. Look forward to see more from the series. Thanks for sharing.