PDA

View Full Version : Raining Elephants

Rajan Kanagasabai
01-05-2014, 07:50 AM
It was raining elephants at Kabini last evening during the boat safari . . . large herds all over the banks, polka dotting the horizon in the fading evening light. . .

5D Mark III, Canon 400 DO F4, 1/500, F4, ISO 500, +.07+ EC, Bean Bag supported.

regards
Rajan

Shyamala Kumar
01-05-2014, 05:38 PM
The black and white rendition enhances the sense of night slowly creeping up and engulfing the elephants .The silhouetted elephants convey a feeling of calm and retirement as the day ends.Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
01-05-2014, 11:19 PM
The black and white treatment works beautifully here. The elephants are going away from the frame, but as Shymala has said, the image conveys the feeling of calm and retirement to the woods. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
02-05-2014, 05:12 AM
Thanks Shyamala and Mrudul. Yes, they were walking away into the wild and that was more reason for me to try a silhoutte for, if i had attempted a normal (non silhoutte) shot, i would have only got their backs facing me . . .

regards
Rajan

V S Sankar
02-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Nice group of elephants looking in different directions.There is an eerie calm about this image.

Saktipada Panigrahi
02-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Wonderful effect of Black and White treatment. The BW image evokes much more emotion because of the contrast created by it. Even when the scope is least as in this case, we see the texture in an intense way in the absence of colour distraction. Lovely.

Can anyone think of redoing the film 'Pather Panchali' by great Satyajit Ray in colour ?
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
02-05-2014, 07:07 PM
The image gives a lovely feel. Treatment looks nice. The background trees have still some bit of colour.
Do you have some more space at the left as one of the elephants is cut off.

Rajan Kanagasabai
02-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks Sakthipadaji for those nice words

@ Sabysachi, i did have one with the elephant on the left in full and am posting the same below.

regards
Rajan

Debasis Bose
02-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Wonderful composition.

Vipin Sharma
19-05-2014, 10:43 PM
The black and white effect enhances the entire image , lovely.