PDA

View Full Version : Jackal

Rajan Kanagasabai
02-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Were lucky to get a fleeting glimpse of the Jackal this morning on the Jeep Safari (Kabini). It came on to the road from out of the blue and vanished as quickly as they had appeared.

5D Mark III, Canon F4 DO IS, ISO 2000, 1/2500, F4, +.07EC, Hand Held

regards
Rajan

V S Sankar
02-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Nice look from the jackal.You could have used all sorts of exif combinations to get different images.Very high shutter speed and high ISO.Probably you have taken some pics with high aperture.Iam not sure becuase you said it vanished fast.

Rajan Kanagasabai
02-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Thanks Shanker, as it was sprinting quite fast, i needed a high Shutter to freeze action. The light was bad this morning and i had no choice but to get high on the ISO to gain speed for i was already on the upper end of my lens aperture (F4). Moreover i was hand holding and hence could not compromise on the shutter speed.

Mrudul Godbole
02-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Good you could capture the moment when it turned back. The high ISO and shutter speed has helped. The mid air position of the fore and hind leg looks nice. Nice sighting. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
03-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Nice to see the sprinter turning its head while its two feet are in the air. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.:One-tenth of a second robbed Milkha Singh of his winning a medal in the Olympics because of this curiosity! And many species fall prey to predators..........

Sabyasachi Patra
03-05-2014, 01:23 PM
These are intelligent and brave creatures. It is good that you got eye contact. The composition is fine. The image is slightly underexposed. How much of a crop is this?

Shyamala Kumar
04-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Nice shot of an elusive and swiftly moving predator.I like the sly, furtive glance it has cast in your direction.

Roopak Gangadharan
13-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Nice pic of this animal which plays a critical role but is reviled for that very reason....like the pose and compo
TFS
Roopak