View Full Version : Feeding Mother

Rakesh Agrawal
21-07-2009, 10:32 AM
This Snap was taken in Ranthambore i had visited in the month of January'09

Mrudul Godbole
21-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Hi Rakesh,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

That is a very tender moment captured. I liked the composition. I think the focus point was not on the dear, so it is a bit soft.
Can you please post the EXIF details and the equipment you have used.

Look forward to more..

Rakesh Agrawal
21-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanx a lot mrudul. since i am no professional fotographer i donno much of the details and the cam i use is nikon coolpix p80. it was in the scene mode when i clicked this foto

Bibhav Behera
21-07-2009, 03:33 PM
That is a nice intimate moment captured. Did You crop much? there seems to be a loss of detail. nice attempt with a coolpix...

Mrudul Godbole
21-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Rakesh,

There are a couple of articles in the Tips section which will help you to understand the details better. You can also ask any doubts or questions in that section.

Keep posting your photographs..

Sabyasachi Patra
21-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Rakesh,
A lovely moment. The raised position of the hind leg suggests that the mother is about to move away. You were photographing against the light. So the fawn and the deer facing you have become dark. Ofcourse, you can do a little bit improvement in post processing by opening up the shadows. I have posted a version here.

The overall image seems to have lost a bit of quality. If you upload a file larger than 200kb and longest side larger than 800 pixels, the software will automatically resize it and the quality goes down. So let us know how you resize your images.

Please look at the Tips sections. There are various images. And you can ask questions there as well.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi Rakesh, welcome to Indiawilds.
Agree about the loss of quality, but not a bad shot, really.
The Nikon P80, from what I know, is quite a good point and shoot camera. You really have some good opportunities for great shots with that camera. EXIF details (shutterspeed, aperture, ISO etc.) should be available when you view the pictures in the nikon image viewing programme. Check The link below for a firefox EXIF viewer.(pasted it here from the tips section)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3905
Do check the tips section too.
Looking forward to more from you.

Mrudul Godbole
21-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Rakesh,

I have moved the new image to the bird section. Please check it there.

Cheers,

AB Apana
22-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi Rakesh,

I think the camera has failed to acquire focus here.

Apana