PDA

View Full Version : Sucking baby

Rajan Kanagasabai
04-05-2014, 04:50 PM
The mom and the suckling kid on a tree stump during a morning jeep safari was an inviting scene, but we had just a few fleeting seconds before both of them vanished as quickly as they had appeared. Light was very low and the morning mist did not help with the lighting. Had to bump up the ISO and get high on the exposure compensation (to get the details on the black face)

5D Mark II, Canon F4 DO IS, 1/100, F4, +2 EC, ISO 2000, bean bag support

regards
Rajan

Shyamala Kumar
04-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Beautiful image.Just love the eye contact and composition.Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
04-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Nice moment captured. The baby is holding on to its mother and is throwing an inquisitive glance. The mothers arm is around the kid without holding it. She can hold the kid and bound off at a moments notice. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
04-05-2014, 09:17 PM
A nice tender moment captured. Good eye contact from both. Good details. Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
05-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Nice shot Rajanji.Very difficult to get the face of these animals clearly.I have a few questions...
1.After taking pics of the Jackal the ISO was already high!So what was the need to take it high again(Funny question)!
2.Have you used auto white balance or during pp did you change it?If so to which section(daylight,cloudy etc).
3.Have you increased contrst?
5.Did you use 'unsharp mask" function?

Regards

Rajan Kanagasabai
06-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Hi Shanker

I'll try to answer these in the order of your questions
1) The Jackal and this was on two different days. They were 2 days apart. On this particular day, as i said in the post, it was misty and light was bad. I had to deliberately bump up the ISO
2) I normally shoot on AWB. I never play around with the WB on PP.
3) The only pp on this frame was a very slight crop to remove a plastic bag near the tip of the tail. In fact, the +'ve Exposure compensation had already brightened up the picture and i did not need to touch anything else.
4) same as answer

regards
Rajan

Nice shot Rajanji.Very difficult to get the face of these animals clearly.I have a few questions...
1.After taking pics of the Jackal the ISO was already high!So what was the need to take it high again(Funny question)!
2.Have you used auto white balance or during pp did you change it?If so to which section(daylight,cloudy etc).
3.Have you increased contrst?
5.Did you use 'unsharp mask" function?

Regards

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Twinkle,twinkle little eyes. Nice. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Twinkle,twinkle little eyes. Nice. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild