PDA

View Full Version : Portia fimbriata profile

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Posting the side profile of the same spider (identified as Portia fimbriata) as suggested by Vikram.
Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/250
Av (Aperture Value) 2.8
ISO Speed 200
Super Macro mode (just like the other images)
Cropped too.
Had to use that aperture for this one, because it was scuttling away quite fast now.
Pretty much a record shot I think.
Thanks for looking, comments and critiques welcome.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Abhishek,
Why were you running away from the spider? I would have liked a lower angle. Lying flat on your belly would have been good as that would have rendered the background blurred.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
22-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I agree about the low angle. The stone in the BG is a bit distraction, maybe you can crop from the left. A higher aperture would have helped.

Look forward to more..

Abhishek Jamalabad
22-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Sabyasachi and Mrudul : I was lying on the ground. I had to tilt the camera downwards slightly because otherwise the spider was low and out of the bottom of the frame. I was using super macro mode, with the spider just about 1cm away from the lens. I could have used macro mode with a slight bit of zoom, but that was giving plenty of shake in the images clicked before this one (didn't try that with 1/250 though). Seems that I was in super macro at that time, and so incidentally used that setting itself.
Sabyasachi : Running away from the spider?! Whatever gave you that idea? :D
I've mentioned that the spider was running, not me! :D
Mrudul : If you feel the stone is a distraction, I could try to crop it out. I felt I needed to retain some space ahead of the spider.