PDA

View Full Version : Bar-Headed Geese at Singoor backwater- enjoying the winter sun

Subhash Shrivastava
21-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Nikon P510, 1/500, F4.9, 107 mm, ISO-100, 10% Cropped from Left and top to enhance composition
Clicked in Singoor backwater on the way to Bidar on 03-Feb-14.

Singoor is a big dam in Manjira river (first of a series of 3 dams on Manjira in AP), constructed to supply drinking water to Hyderabad (which now require Krishna water too). The place where I have clicked is about 20Kms behind the dam. I have seen BH geese and a host of other migratory birds for the first time in that area.

Mrudul Godbole
22-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Nice sighting. Good to know lot of migratory birds are visiting this dam. I have cropped the image a bit from the bottom, as that was not adding much to the composition. Please see the attached image. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Good to see bar headed geese in Manjira river. When you are clicking subjects that are far off, it is better to try and place the camera on a firm support. The small vibrations due to handholding result in loss of details so placing it on any support like a rock, bean bag if not a tripod will enhance the details. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Subhash Shrivastava
26-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Hi Mrudul and Sabyaschi, Thanks for the feedback.

Mrudul, initially i did crop out the bottom portion and did the PP, then i thought that my eyes are not falling on the objects naturally (rule of third) and redid the PP. I agree with you that bottom part is not adding any content to the compo but still feel that it is giving a different structure to the Compo. I need more help on this, I am a student of this forum and learned (still learning) everything that i know here itself.

Sabya sir, I am trying to follow your suggestions on the sopport to maximum possible. On this day, I was making my way on foot thruogh hte dense growth and swampy land of the receding water.