PDA

View Full Version : Migratory Birds

Rakesh Agrawal
22-07-2009, 11:01 AM
i have done a bit of editing in the foto like cropped the date and increased the light and contrast.should i attach the original one also?

Rakesh Agrawal
22-07-2009, 11:04 AM
this is the 0riginal one.this is for the first time i have edited a foto.

Bibhav Behera
22-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi Rakesh,
I would say, that is a good job at editing given it is the first time you did it. If possible you could have zoomed out a bit to include the trees in entirety.
Thanks for sharing. do keep posting...

Mrudul Godbole
22-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi Rakesh,

Nice composition. The editing has enhanced the photograph. Good attempt. Do post the EXIF details like the settings you used while you took this photograph. That will help us to understand and help you if any corrections.

Look forward to more..

Rakesh Agrawal
22-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanx mrudul. i ll try to do that. but how i will get the exif details since these fotos are the old ones. and i use picassa 3 to download from the camera.

Aditya Panda
22-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Good job of post processing, considering its your first time. These are cormorants, and they're not migratory birds. The tree is most probably their communal roost. I agree with Bibhav's suggestion of zooming out to include the whole tree.

To extract EXIF details, you'll need a software like Adobe Photoshop or Irfan View. May be your camera manufacturer's supplied software could also extract those details. If you use Mozilla Firefox browser, there is a plug-in available here: http://indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508 which you could use to get these details.

Regards,
Aditya

Sabyasachi Patra
22-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Rakesh,
You have used f5.6 aperture, ISO 64, 1/164 shutter speed and 33mm focal length. All this I found through my firefox browser. Aditya has already given the link for a plugin that will allow your firefox browser to show the EXIF details.

I agree that a little bit wider setting in your camera would have helped in covering the entire tree.

In the image, the horizon is tilted and it needs a anti-clock wise rotation by a few degrees. You can correct that during post processing. However, a portion of your image is thrown away in that process. Better to check before the image is clicked.

Post processing need to be learnt. However, please remember that post processing can't improve a bad image. So better to get things right in the field itself.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
22-07-2009, 02:36 PM
The original looks better to me. The tree should have been included entirely, though. Horizon tilt needs to be corrected in PP as Sabyasachi mentioned. The original also looks better to me because of the reflections in the water. I also like the hazy look.
A good photo, though, I like it.
Keep posting...

Mrudul Godbole
22-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Rakesh,

If you are using Picasa, you can right click on the image and click on the Properties. That will also show the EXIF details.

Rakesh Agrawal
22-07-2009, 03:08 PM
resolution is 1024*768
focal length 33.3mm
exposure time0.006s (1/164)
aperaturef/5.6
thumbnail160*120 pixel

please do tell me about the details about this.there were few more details also

AB Apana
22-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Good job on the post-processing. You can see the dramatic improvements in the picture. But as Sabyasachi pointed out, it's always best to get things right in camera.

Apana