PDA

View Full Version : introduction

Rushabh Maithia
27-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone,

This is Rushabh from Veraval, Gujarat located nearby the only habitat of Asiatic Lions ‘Gir’. I am 29years can say a new comer in the field of WILDLIFE. I would consider my self unfortunate as now I came to know about my passion towards wildlife conservation & wildlife photography as I have already completed my graduate in commerce stream.
Hope to receive a required guidance from all the wildlife enthusiastic as and when required to go ahead in the field.

Regards,

Rushabh

Sabyasachi Patra
28-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi Rushabh,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

As they say better late than never. Good that you have got to know about your interest in wildlife now. Many of us here are self-educated in wildlife and that education continues throughout the life. You may try to discover which area in wildlife excites you the most and then try and get more knowledge about that. If you are passionate about something, then money can always follow.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Terry Gonsolvis
30-05-2014, 03:00 AM
Hi Rushabh,
A very warm welcome to Indiawilds. There is no better place in the world than the forests and jungles of India. I live in the UK but my thoughts and feelings are in the wilds of India. I love photography and enjoy taking pictures of the wildlife in India. Enjoy your life while you can and live it to the fullest.
Kind Regards
Terry Gonsolvis.
UK.

Rushabh Maithia
02-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Dear Mr. Patra

Nice to have a word from you. Yes, bit late for the education point of view which is unfortunate here in India that require particular background to proceed in this field.

Talking about the area that excites me in wildlife I can say the most is documenting them & by that saving them & creating awareness among people by saving mother nature. Also by engaging in any such organization which is conducting birds & wildlife CENSUS.

I know the above thing is not possible directly without any kind of knowledge or experience but there should be some way to proceed & the people like you may definitely assist.

I don’t want to take directly third step in that as you suggested in your forum by giving examples of 3idiots but yes I would like to see myself engaged into this in near future.

Regards,

Rushabh

Hi Rushabh,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

As they say better late than never. Good that you have got to know about your interest in wildlife now. Many of us here are self-educated in wildlife and that education continues throughout the life. You may try to discover which area in wildlife excites you the most and then try and get more knowledge about that. If you are passionate about something, then money can always follow.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
02-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Hi Rushabh, welcome to Indiawilds.
There are a lot of people in India who have progressed in the field of wildlife biology as their full-time work, without initial formal education in this field. Some have taken formal courses in the same at a relatively late stage of their lives (of course, it is never too late!) A lot of people think of wildlife biology as similar to more popular activities like wildlife photography, birdwatching etc., while in reality the difference is huge. If you're interested in it, you certainly can pursue it. Most interested folks (including some promising people I know) are ultimately put off by the relatively low income, and the sometimes precarious nature of a job in this field. One may not be able to afford luxuries working in this field, but if you have a passion for it, you'll find yourself being drawn to it. :)