PDA

View Full Version : Bluebull female

Kartikeya Puri
22-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Bulebull female. Shot in Ranthambhore. This image was nothing special as it was taken on a very foggy morning. I converted it to B/W but liked it better in sepia.

50D + 500mm@f/4 + ISO 250 + 1/800

Mrudul Godbole
22-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Beautiful. Sharp. I like the sepia look. It gives a nice feeling of the foggy morning. Is this a full frame? I would have liked a bit more space at the bottom to include its imaginary legs :) .

Keep posting..

Kartikeya Puri
22-07-2009, 03:26 PM
I hear you Mrudul about the space for the legs, but unfortunately, this is the full frame. When we moved our gypsy a bit to get a better composition, she walked off. Lesson learned for me: Use 100-400 in such situations :-)

AB Apana
22-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Agree about the legless animal, but this image is so good that I'll forgive you the spelling error in the title :)

An excellent image, thanks for sharing. You could also try a blue-toned duotone of this.

Apana

Bibhav Behera
22-07-2009, 05:22 PM
The sepia gives it a good feel. The image is sharp. good one. Did you upload a low size file ? because there seems to be a bit of pixellation in the background...

Sabyasachi Patra
22-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Hi Kartikeya,
I love the feel of the image. Sepia tint looks good here. I agree that some more space would have been good. At times even with a 500 mm you wish for a lesser lens. :D

I like the rim lighting around it. It would have been great without those two trees just at the back of the Sambar. I wish to see a sepia image in a wide angle setting.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kartikeya Puri
23-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks Apana, for bringing the error to my notice :D. I don't know how to edit the original post to edit the title. Can't see the edit button on that post.

Thanks Bibhav, yes I have uploaded the image to fit the upload requirements. I could have uploaded a slightly better quality picture but for that I would have to link it from an external site etc.

Thanks Sabyasachi, I need to be more conscious of composition. Though I would not call 100-400 as a lesser lens :D just shorter :D Hopefully next time I go, I will have a new 24-105mm L with me :D.

Cheers,
Kartik

Sabyasachi Patra
23-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi Kartikeya,
You need to go to edit, advanced and then change the subject. I corrected the spelling. The 24-105 should be a welcome addition for those landscapes and animal in landcape images. Will wait for those images. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi