PDA

View Full Version : T24 | Ranthambhore

Bibhav Behera
30-05-2014, 09:35 AM
I was in Ranthambhore for a couple of days earlier this week. We sighted 5individual tigers (6 sightings in all) over 4 safaris in 3 zones. We found pug marks of a large male as soon as we entered zone 2. And minutes later found T24 resting against a cliff wall.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM
SS 1/50
f/4
ISO 1600

Full frame image. Comments and critiques welcome.

Abhishek Jamalabad
30-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Lovely. The pose makes this a winner :)... The intervening vegetation serves to portray the habitat. Only wish the twig weren't directly blocking the eye.

TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
30-05-2014, 10:16 AM
I echo Abhishek's thoughts. Wish its left eye was not blocked. Were you using a bean bag? Light seems to be low as you were using 1/50 shutter. Were you standing on the gypsy and clicking? Look forward to more.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
30-05-2014, 03:22 PM
I liked the pose and the details. The vegetation gives the image a nice feel and gives an idea about the habitat. You have done well in the given conditions. Look forward to see more from Ranthambore. Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
30-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Most kindly eyes i have ever seen of a tiger. almost like a saint in reverie.

Bibhav Behera
30-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks everyone for the critiques. I agree about the twig in front of the face. I couldn't find a better position unfortunately. My beanbag got stolen recently so that option went out the window. This was shot handheld from the gypsy sitting on the side rim as far as I can remember. After a while I just stopped clicking and watched this guy doze off and occasionally wake up to teach flies a lesson.

Saktipada Panigrahi
30-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Nice. I am moved by Subhash Bhai's imaginative interpretation.
I see the 'unfulfilled dream and uncertain future' in the eyes of a Zamindar (Tiger) who after sacrificing everything has only been left with a tag (T24) and is neither in a position to retrieve the situation nor has any other place to go ! Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Debasis Bose
31-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Royal image