PDA

View Full Version : White Throated Kingfisher

Prajwal J Ullal
03-06-2014, 01:57 PM
This beauty had been around my relative's backyard for several days and would move around from one branch to the other cleaning up the whole bunch of insects. One morning, during my stay, I could get a clear and close shot of the WTK, shockingly I could hear several kingfisher calls and there were a couple more WTK's in neighboring yards too

EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
F-6.3
Shutterspeed 1/500sec (shutter priority)
ISO 500(Auto ISO, for better speed, in case it flew off)
-0.7 step

Saktipada Panigrahi
03-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Prajwal Bhai,
Wish you a very Happy Birthday. May God bless you to spread your wings and absorb the beauty of as many birds as possible out of about 1241 species seen in India.
Nice perch and eye contact. And stare. It is the State bird of W.B. I have chosen this image taken by you to convey my best wishes. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Abhishek Jamalabad
03-06-2014, 04:02 PM
The composition through the foliage makes this image unusual. Maybe moving a little to the left would have given you a somewhat clearer view.
The bill looks very dark in colour. The plumage on the wings seems to be dark too.

Prajwal J Ullal
03-06-2014, 04:44 PM

Abhishek, I did try out different angles and this was the one with minimum distractions, also the ground was not plain as there were piles of dead wood kept for the fire.