PDA

View Full Version : Robberfly and its catch

Prajwal J Ullal
03-06-2014, 02:32 PM
This one was taken during my cousin's Mehandi celebrations, with lights put up along the dark pathway many flies had turned up , including a swarm of honey bees, and while roaming around and returning back I could see some insect, slightly bigger in size, fly by in the late evening. On searching around I could spot this beauty enjoying its catch on a wire, with no light around. After several attempt, with 18-55 equiped I tried to get a good focus, on auto focus mode, but light was too low to focus and hence had to go with trial and error with manual focus and finally could get this shot

EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 18-55 IS
F/6.3
Shutterspeed 1/40
ISO 100

Sabyasachi Patra
05-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Good that you could sight this with its prey. I am sure not many would look for insects during a marriage celebration. :)

When there is no light around, pull out your mobile. When placed close to the subject the light from the mobile should make a difference. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prajwal J Ullal
05-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the advice sir. Actually, the Bridegroom and me were roaming around looking for spiders and other insects just a few hours before the Mehandi program :), just that he had to get ready for the function he returned back early and I continued my look out for something interesting

Mrudul Godbole
12-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Nice details. Good composition. Maybe slight off-centered placing would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.