PDA

View Full Version : Chital Stag at Masinagudi, Nilgiris

Hari Har Raj Kalingarayar
22-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Photo taken with a Canon powershot S3 IS.

Bibhav Behera
22-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi Hari,
That is a nice first post... A good attempt with a Point n Shoot camera. I like the trotting post and the eye contact. The lighting is also nice. The sharpness could have been a bit more. Also you have cut out a portion of its foot. Do try to include it the next time... :)

Point and shoot cameras dont offer you too much manual settings options. Hence, the exposure isnt always right. Contrasty light in the image fools the camera into believing that the light is such and either the image under exposes or over exposes.

In this case it has over exposed, which you can make out from the right side of the stag where you see the highlights are blown out (ie. lost details)

I edited you image a bit in Photoshop to reduce the highlights and bring out a bit more detail.
1. Reduced the Highlights using the Shadow/Highlight Tool.
2. Reduced the levels using the level slider tool.
3. Slightly increased contrast.
4. Reduced the colour temperature too to try and diffuse a bit of the burnt out areas...

This is a good image which could have been better if composed slightly off centre. For details on composition please refer to the thread http://indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357

Sabyasachi Patra
22-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Nice behaviour. The deer is alarmed and its tail is raised. I like the repost. At times zooming out is better as the foot is cut by the lower frame. Having some space would have been better.

I would have left less space at the left and more at the right as its interest is in that direction.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
23-07-2009, 06:57 AM
Agree with the comments and the repost. Look forward to seeing more. And do introduce yourself in the Who's Who sub-forum.

Apana

Kartikeya Puri
23-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi Hari,

This is a fine looking buck you got there. :-) I would have been better if you had zoomed out a little. That way there would have been space for the deer to run into and no cutting of any body part.

You camera S3 IS, is a very good one as long as one is not using the digital zoom.

Cheers,
Kartik