PDA

View Full Version : Himalayan Tahr- A Record Shot

Murugan Anantharaman
23-06-2014, 10:13 AM
As we were trekking upto Tunganath, out local guy spotted these tahrs in the mountain next to ours. It took me a while to spot it, since it was quite far I could just manage this record shot. The exposure compensation went quite low, didnt notice it. As I was switching lenses I realized (much later) that ec gets a bit weird as it auto changes. After a while I started checking on the settings as and when I would change lenses.

Nikon D7000, f/9,SS 1/640,ISO 400,ec -.7, 420mm (300mmf4 + 1.4x TC)

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Beautiful setting and the female Himalayan Thars are negotiating the slopes with ease. Also, nice behaviour captured. All the males possibly have gone away only to join the females during autumn. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
23-06-2014, 03:49 PM
nice to see this murugan...forget the image being there and sighting them is a dream forr many.

TFS
Roopak

Abhishek Jamalabad
23-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Lovely sighting. The image is not bad at all, in fact it is a nice habitat scape. I have never noticed auto EC change when changing lenses.

Tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
24-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Nice to see this Murugan! It rekindled my memories. How big was the herd?

Tunganath is a very beautiful place. Though there is a steady stream of tourists to tunganath, the area is still unmolested. The Tahrs, monals etc are visible. One of the locals told me that in the other parts of the sanctuary, a very big deer is at times sighted. I have no idea what it is.

Abhishek,
You have not noticed auto EC change because you are a Canon user. Murugan is in the dark side. :D :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Subhash Shrivastava
25-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Hi Murugan, an image like this hints to me the vast realm that is to be seen before the final goodbye. Gives a new meaning to life and a reason to live on, for the unfortunate ones who are stuck to the clogs of a grinding mill.
Very refreshing image, technical issues notwithstanding. I see into it, the bugyal kind of grassland, steep slope, trees and in midst the Tahrs giving soul to the whole landscape, a mid-Himalayan panorama. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-06-2014, 05:01 PM
I am quoting from Tennyson's poem Ulysses:

"Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.

We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved heaven and earth; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield".

You can check this video to check some of these beautiful creatures from Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary
http://youtu.be/aDIGMh_rA54

Hi Murugan, an image like this hints to me the vast realm that is to be seen before the final goodbye. Gives a new meaning to life and a reason to live on, for the unfortunate ones who are stuck to the clogs of a grinding mill.
Very refreshing image, technical issues notwithstanding. I see into it, the bugyal kind of grassland, steep slope, trees and in midst the Tahrs giving soul to the whole landscape, a mid-Himalayan panorama. Thanks for sharing.