PDA

View Full Version : Ranthambore Diary June-14

Vipin Sharma
05-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Camouflage technique adopted by tiger cubs are excellent ; when mothers are not around these cubs stay alone and very venerable to other predators like Leopards , Hyena , Jackal etc.
Here a cub has taken shelter just beside a dead tree and his stripes helping him to camouflage with the surroundings.
Later these techniques helps them to hunt prey that is faster or more agile than them.
TV - 1/2000 , ISO - 1250 , AV priority - f/4.0 , Canon 300mm f/4.0 IS L USM , Canon 7D , Cropped 25% approx.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Not many people get to see small cubs. You were fortunate. So count your blessings. The cub is keeping to a low profile. They are vulnerable at this stage as other predators would like to eliminate a budding threat. The tree on the left is distracting. I would like to see a wider view. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
08-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Nice image. Looks so vulnerable. I think, it has taken its shelter here because of guidance it received from the mother, may be making some adjustment according to its instinct because of presence of visitors.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
10-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Rare sighting. Lucky you could observe and photograph the behaviour of this cub. Was there only one cub or more? The stones in the foreground look nice. How long was the sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Rajbir Oberoi
14-07-2014, 02:26 PM
nice dappled light, its a gr8 camouflage though i feel the highlight of the stones in the foreground should have been reduced because when you see it for the first time your attention goes to the stones first, otherwise gr8 image...

Vipin Sharma
14-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Here I purposely left space in foreground to give the feeling of camouflage , cub is gelling with the surrounding of dead tree and stones , one would hardly notice a tiger cub here.

Rajbir Oberoi
14-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Agreed.... gr8 image sir (y)