PDA

View Full Version : Shimla-Manali ... May-2014

Prasad Dingankar
09-07-2014, 05:07 PM
From my Himachal collection. It was purely a family trip and birding was the byproduct during morning hours when every one enjoys sleeping in cool w Its truely a great place for birding. All you need is camera with high ISO capability.This beautiful bird was on my list since long and finally I got to see it.
30Dwith 400mm
AV-5.6,
TV-1/60,
O- exposure, hand held & crop... I was terribly missing my monopod.

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Good image of the Verditer Flycatcher. Colours have come out well. Happy to learn that one of your wish list has been fulfilled. Nature only gives us joy, never asks for anything in return. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Prasad Dingankar
10-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Yes Shaktida, That too when the trip was not intended for wildlife :) It was my first madain trip to north region with camara accompanying and the wish list has grownup long enough to behold. Thanks and do keep commenting, as it gives me more satisfaction of sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
10-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Nice sighting of this cute bird. Slight more head turn away from you would have enhanced the eye contact further. You have captured it well even with the low shutter speed. What was the ISO? The composition looks good. Wish the bright out of focus area on the right as not present. Avoiding it would have been difficult. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Prasad Dingankar
10-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Thanks for commenting Mrudul, ISO was 800,

Sabyasachi Patra
12-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Nice to see this beautiful bird. There is a bit of magenta cast. I agree that a monopod in this low light would have been great help in getting a sharper image. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi
PS: May be get a binocular so your family can also get a close view of the birds when you are shooting.

Prasad Dingankar
12-07-2014, 12:36 PM
My family prefer seeing the birds leisurely in the comforts of home ;) My kids yet to develop the test of birding. I prefer not to pushing the things. My wife do not have much interest to see the birds, though she accompany me in the car and can distinguish some birds :)

Roopak Gangadharan
13-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Nice image...good eye contact and details.
Tfs
Roopak