PDA

View Full Version : Searching for honey...loten's sunbird

Jerin Dinesh
27-07-2014, 08:31 PM
it was really a nice scene that the bird searching for honey .The bird staying only seconds on a flower,after its flying very fast to other...canon 600d,55-250mm,ISO 1600,1/800s,f5.hand held..20% cropped.......waiting for yours valuable commnds....thanks

Sabyasachi Patra
28-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Composition wise I am fine with the image. While clicking the image you need to expose so that the darker tones of the bird gets exposed well. Else, you will get lot of noise as well as not much details in the bird. Wait for them to come to you instead of running behind them. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
28-07-2014, 02:28 PM
well timed jerry like this image.the wider compo with the flowers and stalks add to the image and brings out the scene well. There is some noise in the BG, i think even the 600D handles noise well only upto ISO 400. But here you are at f5.6 and need the SS to capture the action so the noise is ok. Agree it is not easy to expose this bird well esp in flight. As advised by patra sab with some patience you will get that perfect pic.... keep trying as i know there is no shortage of sunbirds in around your place....:001_smile:

TFS
Roopak G

Mrudul Godbole
29-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Nice to see a sunbird in flight. I liked the composition. The flowers and the stalks shows its habitat nicely. You have done well, even with the low light. Thanks for sharing.

Vipin Sharma
01-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Lovely image , most of us are used to see hummingbird in such pose.
Nice timing ,nice composition , agreed with Patra shb that a EC plus would have got the darker tones much clear , but doing so would have got the shutter speed much lower than 1/800 and may result into blur image unless you are using tripod or bean bag.

Lovely image in overall. TFS

Jerin Dinesh
04-08-2014, 09:08 PM
agree with all commedns...thanks for all your support and tips...ill go throuh it..regds jerry.