PDA

View Full Version : Heaven Earth and Hell

Bibhav Behera
28-07-2014, 02:45 PM
The idea of this image was to get three versions of the two Gaurs in the image. What is real what isn't? Earth? Heaven? or Hell? The reality lies in a dimension beyond our senses or reason.

I dialed a narrow aperture and for 60% of the exposure kept the camera relatively still and then moved the camera upwards and then downwards to get two separate imprints of the two gaurs in the same frame. Would like your thoughts on this.

Canon EOD 7D, 300mm f/4L IS USM
SS 2 Sec
F/32
ISO 200

Full frame image. Comments and critiques welcome.

Roopak Gangadharan
29-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Nice concept and execution Bibhav. you have chosen ur subject and the setting well.

" What is real what isn't? Earth? Heaven? or Hell?" I guess all are real .. depends on where you are at home , in the jungle or at work (in that order) ....:001_smile:

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
29-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Nice experiment. Good you could get what you thought into the image. Its good that they are still on Earth and can enjoy the green grass peacefully in the jungle :). Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Good concept. You reminded me of my attempts with 35mm negatives trying to capture multiple images in a single exposure. This is fun and has come out well. Roopak's justification is apt. Everybody has their own hell's to face. We have our own demons, and our own zones where we are in a state of bliss.

As a concept, now the question is whether the bottom portion is hell. If so, why is it the haziest? Is it because we have forgotten the concept of hell and are hence causing such attrocities?

Bibhav Behera
18-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Thanks Roopak, Mrudul and Sabyasachi for the critiques.

Roopak: Couldnt have said it better. Completely agree :)