PDA

View Full Version : Last but not the least

Prasad Dingankar
29-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Khaleej Pheasant... A pleasant surprise.

One find from my Himachal tour.
30D with 400mm
ISO-800
TV-1/160
AV-5.6
Handheld, crop

Mrudul Godbole
30-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Nice sighting of this species. Good you got the head and eye in clear. If it is cropped from left, you can keep some more space there. The crown looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
31-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Good to see a khaleej pheasant male. Did you click from a car? Good that the head is in the clear and the eye contact is fine. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prasad Dingankar
31-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Yes its a crop, and agreed with the space, I noticed it bit late..I was wondering in the woods of a comparitively crowded area of the hill early in the morning.. and it came up suddenly. I got in all 4 shots out of which this was better.
Thanks for comments.

Vipin Sharma
01-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Eye contact is good , lovely , beautiful bird it is always pleasure to sight these birds.
I remember when I was in Corbett last , I saw a group of one male and four female and they were hardly in 10mtrs distance , they were very comfortable with our presence and gave us adequate time to click them.

Here lens used is 400mm f/5.6 which infect an excellent lens to obtain sharpness. somehow I do not satisfied with the sharpness here.
Though this lens is without IS but a higher shutter speed could have overcome the problem.

I sometimes use 75-300mm f/4.-f/5.6 non IS and prefer to use at shutter priority to overcome the weakness of lens.
I the field one must know the weakness as well strength of gears being used. TFS

Roopak Gangadharan
02-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Nice sighting. Good eye contact.

TFS
Roopak