PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon

Sabyasachi Patra
07-01-2009, 09:15 PM
I was trekking in the rains and tried to show capture the beauty of the landscape in the rains.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS, at 28 mm, f6.3, 1/200, ISO 200

Usha Harikrishnan
05-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Wow. This is wonderful. Where is this place ?

Sabyasachi Patra
05-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Usha,
This was in a place near Mulshi in Pune. I wanted to feel the rains and was out trekking.

Mohammed Raheel
17-03-2009, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=Sabyasachi Patra;360]I was trekking in the rains and tried to show capture the beauty of the landscape in the rains.

Saby, how do you protect you instruments from the rain?
With the rains coming in three months, it will be very valuable to get some tips on this. :)

Bibhav Behera
17-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi Sabya Bhai wooops.....I mean Sabyasachi, (Really dont want to miss that Bandhavgarh treat ;) )

That's pristine... The top of the mountains fade away into the clouds and give it a dreamy effect. If you look up from the bottom of the image you see the colours fading out slowly, that gives a nice feel of the depth in the image. And as for the waterfalls, as a friend of mine would say, are 'super-awesome' :) . Just wanted to know what the white stuff in the centre and on the left in the foreground is?

Sabyasachi Patra
17-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Bibhav,
The white portions at the centre and left are waterfalls. In the monsoon, that place had numerous waterfalls. It was a nice trek and I was completely wet. One false step, and I would have either gone down the hills or swept away in the raging stream that I had to cross.

It is important to take care of your equipment in the rainy season. Will upload in the tips section.

Aditya,
Are you uploading the Make your dry box tips?