PDA

View Full Version : Malabar pied Hornbill

Hari Har Raj Kalingarayar
25-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Shot with Canon Powershot S3 IS. This hornbill roosts every evening near my House in Bokkapuram, Masinagudi. Will post photographs of him with his mate shortly.

Abhishek Jamalabad
25-07-2009, 01:24 PM
The image looks a bit soft. Also would have preferred more space to the left, and inclusion of the complete tail. I still like this image though. I always like hornbill images, they're my favourite birds!
This one appears to be your next door neighbour :D So you have plenty of opportunities to experiment and get the right image. Looking forward to an image of both together.
Keep posting

Mrudul Godbole
25-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi Hari,

Nice photograph. The eye is sharp. Is it a crop? As Abhishek has suggested some more space to include the tail would have been better.
I have still not seen this bird. You are lucky to get so many chances to photograph it. Would definitely would like to photograph it sometime.

Do post the other images too.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Some good advice given above. I would love to shoot these fellows. Inclusion of the tail would have been better. I love the eye contact.

Amit Gupta
27-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Hi Hari,

I think this is the Malabar grey hornbill. Nice neighbors! look forward for more.

Regards.