PDA

View Full Version : The launch

Sabyasachi Patra
28-08-2014, 09:20 AM
I just remembered while searching for an article and posting it now. I wanted to capture the bird launching out of its nest which is basically a cavity on the side of a cliff. Interestingly on the top is a village road which had partially caved in and these birds had dug out their nests. Despite the bee-eater colony being used to people, I used a hide at a distance so I had to crop slightly at the top. Infact, after constructing the hide, I slowly carried it closer step by step so that the bee-eaters become accustomed. This was clicked during the courtship period before birth of young ones.
Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EOS 400mm f2.8 L IS USM with EF 2xII TC, f5.6, 1/1600.

Divyang Dave
28-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Wow. Motion blur of wings is giving superb effect.

Mrudul Godbole
28-08-2014, 03:48 PM
It used to fly out of the hole in top speed. Very difficult to capture. You got it sharp. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
29-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Exceptional. How fast it has to gain the 'lift' to fly horizontally, immediately after emerging from the burrow! Nicely depicted in the image. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
02-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Lovely image sir. as you were saying the other day to make aesthetically pleasing images which also depicts habitat and behaviour of the subject is perhaps the artistic challenge for todays photographers with technology at their disposal. Fits the bill very well.

I hope those reading the post will also note the amount of care taken while photographing nesting birds and the help one can get by using good hides.Thanks for sharing
Roopak

Prasad Dingankar
07-09-2014, 08:18 PM
That's superb timing and perseverance ... Thanks for sharing