PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Kabini (Female)

Bibhav Behera
31-08-2014, 05:03 PM
We sighted this female leopard in Kabini on the auspicious day of Ganesh Chaturthi. It was heavily overcast and was raining. We had almost lost all hope when the naturalist whispered "Leopard". All eyes and lenses turned in the direction he pointed trying to spot the feline. I was in a 'not so favourable' position in the safari vehicle as I had two bright trees blocking my view. I got some shots but there was just too much foliage to get a pleasing composition. That's when I decided to use those two trees blocking my view to my advantage and shot through them. This was the result. I have a few horizontal frames of this as well which I will post later. Till then, hope you enjoy this image as much as I loved making it.

Canon EOS 7D, 300mm f/4L IS USM + 1.4xExtender
SS 1/125
f/5.6
ISO 1600

Full frame image. Comments and Critiques welcome.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Good that you had a leopard sighting. Wish you had an unobstructed view. At the moment due to the vegetation in the foreground, our eye goes to the leopard. Unfortunately, instead of the head the hind portion is in focus and is in the clear. Else it would have been nice. Did you have any other sightings except this? Look forward to more images.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Nice sighting. Good that you got it looking towards you. Quite difficult conditions to photograph. Thanks for sharing.

Shyamala Kumar
02-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Mesmerising eyes.Lovely capture and presentation.Thanks for sharing.