PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Walk

Rajan Kanagasabai
26-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks to Vikram for helping with the last minute (unreserved) accomodations, i was able to squeeze in an evening and a morning at Kabini y/day. Thanks to Vikram again, for i now have enough photos to upload for the next few weeks . . . :)

This was an inspiration from Sabyasachi's earlier post of the Elephant walk. Could not resist this, when i saw a mom and a calf walking away. I know, this is nothing even close to his composition, but will get there one day . . . .

Canon 400D, Canon 100-400 EFL, F6, 1/160, ISO 400

regards
Rajan

Bibhav Behera
26-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Nice composition. Slightly less sharpening maybe?

Mrudul Godbole
26-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Nice composition. The presence of the calf with the mother adds to the composition. The bushes on the right are a bit distracting. In ideal world would have loved if they were in the open.

You got any more in this series?

Sabyasachi Patra
27-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Rajan,
Good to hear that you had a great time in Kabini. I am flattered that one of my shots has served as an inspiration.

This image is a nice attempt. Its good to see mother and child. I would have loved to see some more distance between the elephant and the background trees. Any side profiles? It is always nice to see elephant mother and child.

I would reduce the highlights on the bushes at the right.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
29-07-2009, 03:33 PM
The sharpening seems fine to me, although for my personal tastes I would have preferred a front view rather than a rear view.

Apana