PDA

View Full Version : Malabar Giant Squirrel

Hari Har Raj Kalingarayar
28-07-2009, 10:59 AM
He is feeding on the raw fruits of the tree.

Abhishek Jamalabad
28-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I like the first one better. I really love this animal, gives me more pleasure than seeing a tiger...:D...hope this doesn't anger Sabyasachi:D. I haven't managed to get a very good image of this one yet...
When you post 2 different images, do post them as separate threads. Unless you're posting the same image with post processing changes.

Mrudul Godbole
28-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I too liked the close-up better. Sharp.The composition is nice. I liked the way it is leaning on the branch. The fruit is a bonus. Nicely captured.

Keep posting..

Bibhav Behera
28-07-2009, 02:47 PM
I too like the first image better. The body seems a bit soft although the eye is sharp...
Good composition. You have access to some great wildlife around you. Do get yourself a better camera and you would be sending people into frenzies...
I remember in the initial days once sabyasachi had told me... "It's a crime to see all this and not have a good camera to capture it.."

Hari Har Raj Kalingarayar
28-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Sorry i posted 2 photo's in in 1 thread, dont seem to be able to delete the post, even with the edit/delete option.
yes Bibhav it is a crime not having all the equipment when you are surrounded everyday with so much of wildlife, but when you live there, most often we forget to even even carry a camera when we walk around.
Anyway for the moment will post what i have.
I have ample opportunities to get wild dogs and bears but the usual sitings are either early morning or dusk where there is low light and as a principle we refrain from the usage of flash while there. Have some shots of wild dogs but lots of noise as it was taken early in the morning, donno what to do with them..

I too like the first image better. The body seems a bit soft although the eye is sharp...
Good composition. You have access to some great wildlife around you. Do get yourself a better camera and you would be sending people into frenzies...
I remember in the initial days once sabyasachi had told me... "It's a crime to see all this and not have a good camera to capture it.."