Rajan Kanagasabai
29-07-2009, 10:23 PM
One of the very few times this trip when the light was a bit decent at Kabini

400D, Sigm APO 150-500, F6, 1/1600, ISO 800

regards
Rajan

Bibhav Behera
29-07-2009, 10:29 PM
there seems to be a lot of noise. however the light wasnt to friendly so i guess nothing much you could do abt it. i would have framed the monkeys more to the left...

Rajan Kanagasabai
30-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Oops, yes Bibhav, the posted image has too much noise. Looks like the image size is around 235 KB which i overlooked . . . . The original is a lot cleaner . . .

I wanted the bit of the tail in the frame and hence the subject to the right. In fact a crop of the tail and we will have a tight horizontal frame.

regards
Rajan

AB Apana
30-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Lots of noise and not a pleasing background, very similar to the bokeh of your chital image.

This is the difference between your Canon 100-400 L series lens and your Sigma lens.

Apana

Sabyasachi Patra
30-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi Rajan,
An intimate moment. I understand that the composition is to include the tail. I also think that cropping from the left at the point where the tail goes down behind the tree trunk would look natural.

I would agree with Apana. There is a difference between the 100-400 and the Sigma. I think that 500mm F4 L IS is calling. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kiran Ghadge
30-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Thats lovely moment...I would have prefered horizontal frame with more space on right side......

Subramanya_CK
30-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Very nice moment captured. Lovely feel in this image

Rajan Kanagasabai
30-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi

To be honest with you, i have been thinkinking of a new body (since i am only left with my 400D, as my 40D is beyond repair) and possibly a larger glass, but have been putting this away for a while now . . . .

Any indication of the prices for the 500MM F4 L series at present ? It' was way too expensive in India (over 6 Lakhs) when i checked last time . . . .

regards
Rajan

Sagar Patil
31-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Nice photo.

Agree with space needed at right, but still the baby facing left direction is compensating this issue.

AB Apana
31-07-2009, 04:32 AM
The 500f4 is very expensive today considering the exchange rate. Why is your 40D beyond repair? I had gone to Canon with a friend to give in his 30D with a damaged shutter and the replacement cost of the shutter was a mere 2k which I though was very reasonable.

Apana

Rajan Kanagasabai
31-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh, that is a sad story Apana

I had the 40D (bought in Jan 2008) and was working well for almost 8 months. Once, during a trip at Thattekad, two things happened. One, i dropped it from a height of about 10 feet, which had the display damaged and Two, the data transfer cable, which plugs into the Camera, had the other end leading to a USB cable. My Blackberry had the same type of cable, the other end being a power socket. On that morning, i connected the Charger of my Black berry to the transfer socket of the camera :(. I started getting a series of Error messages and it was becoming highly unreliable. I even had it checked at Canon in the USA during one of my trips, but they said they can try changing the basic board, which was quite expensive. Of late, the camera simply switches off after a few minutes . . . I tried Canon S'pore, Canon India - but no one could give me a definite answer . . .

regards
Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
31-07-2009, 05:24 PM
It will make a great paper weight. :D

...perhaps one of the most widely traveled.