PDA

View Full Version : Gaur at Bandipur

Chandrashekar CV
30-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Eos30d ef100-400 l is usm

Sabyasachi Patra
30-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I like the lower angle and the greenery. The same pose, slightly larger in the frame would have been great. I would love to see this in a vertical composition.

Mrudul Godbole
30-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Sharp. You could have tried for an off-centre composition. A vertical composition as suggested would work better. The thick branch over its head is a bit distracting. Nice enviornment photograph. Look forward to more..

Chandrashekar CV
30-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Dear Mrudul
If you observe, it is staring at me. When a subject is in such a position or to be precise if a subject is looking in your eyes off-center composition does not go well. Off-center composition is particularly good when the subject is unaware of your position or is looking away from you or at some thing else. I also feel that this particular stance of the animal is good for both horizontal and vertical composition.

Chandrashekar

Mrudul Godbole
30-07-2009, 07:00 PM
I agree with what you said. Perhaps I should have worded it differently, I was thinking possibly a different angle might have worked to avoid the overhead branch.

AB Apana
31-07-2009, 04:34 AM
Hi Chandrashekar,

I agree with what you've said but I personally would have liked a tighter shot, even if it meant just including the head.

Apana

Bibhav Behera
31-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Nice stare. agree about a closer and tighter frame to have a more intimidating feel of the massive animal.