PDA

View Full Version : Blue mormon

Sumon Sinha
30-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I present this beautiful and huge butterfly - the Blue Mormon. Catching this butterfly on camera was my dream and I was delighted that day to have finally captured it. It was a chance sighting, rather I stumbled on it. The light was poor and vanishing even faster, I was going crazy because the shots weren't coming out satisfactory, click...click...click...damn, finally higher ISO and steady hands helped me take this shot. Hope everyone like it.

Sumon Sinha
30-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Exposure Time : 1/80
F-Stop : f/5.6
ISO Speed Ratings : 400
Focal Length : 55/1 mm
Metering Mode : Partial

Mrudul Godbole
30-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi Sumon,

Welcome To IndiaWilds..!! Lovely first post.

That is a beautiful closeup. Sharp.The details and the texture are nicely visible. The BG leaves also add to the composition. Seems you are a butterfly enthusiast, look forward to see and know from you about them.

Keep posting..

Sabyasachi Patra
30-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Sumon,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

This is a nice first post. I like the spread out wings. It is nearly parallel to the sensor plane. I wish the light was better. A bit more sharpening would be good as well.

If you could have moved a little bit to the left, then the brown portion below the wing would have been minimised and would have further strengthened the image. Ofcourse, in poor light it is not always easy to notice. I would try to further reduce the highlights on the top leaf. Ovearll, I like this image.

Which camera and lens? Also, it would be good if you could share some details about this butterfly species. It would add to our collective knowledge.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
31-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Welcome to India Wilds! A very good post. Agree with Sabyasachi's comments. Do post the camera details.

Apana

Bibhav Behera
31-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi Sumon Da,
Lovely first post... As sabyasachi has already pointed out, the butterfly being parallel to the frame has kept it in focus nicely. good one

Do post behaviour/life cycle images of butterflies too... I know you are an extreme butterfly enthusiast... :)