PDA

View Full Version : Gaurs at Masinagudi, Nilgiris

Hari Har Raj Kalingarayar
01-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Shot with Canon Powershot S3 IS

Bibhav Behera
01-08-2009, 07:17 PM
nice stare... wonder why images in this camera are soft...

Rajan Kanagasabai
01-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi Hari

Good frame, looks like you were almost on top of the animal . . . real close . . .

agree with Bibhav on the softness . . . are you by any chance shooting on full Auto mode ? Maybe you should switch to AV priority mode and try a few of them . . . .

regards
Rajan

01-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi Bibhav,
The sky was overcast in the evening and light was kinda low, guess thats why the pictures are soft.
Regards,
Hari

nice stare... wonder why images in this camera are soft...

Rajan Kanagasabai
01-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi Hari

Poor light is possibly a part of the issue, but notice the nose and the horns - they are burnt (can be recovered) but the point is, these are harsh highlights.

I have a feeling that it is got to do with the settings. If you can post the EXIF details (notice that most of your snaps do not have them) it would be good to get to the issue. In fact, when we save your photo's and try to fetch the EXIF details - it returns a blank . . .:(

regards
Rajan

01-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi Rajan, will post the EXIF details. Thanks, i did get very close to this herd. it was in masinagudi. Wish you all do get to come to see that place when i am around sometime, i'm quite sure you all will love the place.
Regards,
Hari

Hi Hari

Poor light is possibly a part of the issue, but notice the nose and the horns - they are burnt (can be recovered) but the point is, these are harsh highlights.

I have a feeling that it is got to do with the settings. If you can post the EXIF details (notice that most of your snaps do not have them) it would be good to get to the issue. In fact, when we save your photo's and try to fetch the EXIF details - it returns a blank . . .:(

regards
Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
01-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the invitation, would surely like to visit your place. I liked the composition. Would have loved some more space on the right to include the whole animal, possibly you were quite close to zoom out much.