PDA

View Full Version : Hill

Subramanya Shankar
02-08-2009, 12:47 PM
The following snap was taken when me and my friends had hiked to one of the popular hiking spots in karnataka. The following snap was taken when the mist was clearing. Since it was raining heavily, we had to wait for the rain to stop to take this photo. The hill looks like a shape of the ox's back

EXIF Details
Camera: Nikon Coolpix S550
ISO:64
Aperture:f/3.5
Shutter:1//180

Bibhav Behera
02-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Nice composition. i wish you could have avoided the tuft of shrubbery in the lower right corner...
Good image nevertheless..

Subramanya Shankar
02-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi Bhibhav , there was not much space to stand , and moreover the rain was starting to fall. This was the max i could not , in a short period of time

Sabyasachi Patra
02-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Nice image. It gives an idea about the landscape in monsoon. The shape of the hill is interesting. Which place is this? I don't mind the inclusion of the bushes on the bottom right. I am not sure about the lone grass at the bottom of the frame. A narrow aperture would have been better? How come you were not clicking with your 40D?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
02-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Nice feel of monsoon. Lot of greenery around. Which is this place?

Subramanya Shankar
02-08-2009, 09:10 PM
hi Sabyasachi

i had bought the 40d newly and i didnt want it to get wet :) , being protective of my camera though:) , the hill is located 8kms north of a popular piligrimage center in karnataka and is a popular spot for hiking. I was interested in capturing the peak in all its glory as the monsoon was just starting and this was the max i could do

Sabyasachi Patra
02-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I understand. Please check the tips section for clicking in monsoon. A simple polythene bag would suffice.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Rahul Parekh
02-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Lovely capture...but Subramanya you are too much protective. At least give the location name clearly :).

As new to southern india i don't know which is the popular pilgrimage spot at the north of karnataka...i think many of our friends also don't know about that famous pilgrimage!!!

How do we reach to this beautiful spot without knowing anything....???

All best wishes,

Cheers, Rahul

AB Apana
03-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Nice capture, Subramanya, TFS!

Apana