PDA

View Full Version : Another leopard in Kabini

Mrudul Godbole
04-09-2014, 12:13 PM
This was another sighting which we had on the next day. We sighted it from the main road, but it was bit inside resting on a branch. It was cloudy, so the light was bad and the gypsy was shaking, used a higher ISO and shutter speed. There were already lot of gypsy's so this was the best view we could get.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon 100-400mm lens, f5.6, 1/640, ISO1600, full frame image.

Sabyasachi Patra
04-09-2014, 07:56 PM
There is a hint of rim light near the face. The image is sharp despite me leaving you very little space and two excited photographers trying to click. :) I loved the curved branches. By the time we reached this place, there were two other jeeps at a distance with photographers firing away unmindful of the distance. I asked to stop the jeep in this spot, as this position was the closest and the best spot for watching the leopard come down the tree.

I think you shouldn't say that light was bad, because relatively we had much worse light later. :D

Roopak Gangadharan
06-09-2014, 06:23 AM
Nice. Looks like a big male. U r lucky that i was not in around kabini that day, else along with bad light and kids in the jeep u wud have got rain hail and thunderstorm.........:laugh:
tfs
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
06-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Roopak,
We had lot of rains in Kabini, though not hailstorm. :) Even found another leopard at a distance in extreme bad light. However the rains in bandipur was a bit more. I guess you brought more rains from Kerala. :)

On another note, last time when we were in kabini during IndiaWilds meet, we saw elephant calf suckling from its mother. This time when you were there, we saw a gaur calf suckling. May be next time when we are there we will find a leopard cub suckling from mother. :D :D I am an optimist and love to dream. :)
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Leopard, leopard everywhere in Kabini. Nice composition. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
10-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Sir, let us form a new club of super optimisim and wild dreaming .... Melanistic leopard and cub....:thumbup:

Rgds
Roopak