PDA

View Full Version : Onto the trees...The Grey Francolin

Prajwal J Ullal
07-09-2014, 01:41 PM
This was spotted from my uncle's balcony in Bhosari, Pune. This is one of my favourite spot for bird watching as a variety of birds can be spotted in a day's time.
This time a family/ group of Grey Francolins moved around, and for the first time I spotted them climbing on to the trees(short ones). There were three of them onto this tree and they climbed almost 12-15ft high and stayed there for few moment, until they realized my presence and flew off to some other spot.

EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
F/6.3
Shutterspeed 1/250
ISO 1250 (Auto ISO, shutter priority)
Handheld
+.3 exp comp.

P.S.: This one was one of the few shots I took after getting my cam as well as 55-250 IS lens cleaned/ serviced from Canon Service Centre, finally after 3 years of continuous usage.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Good that you got a clear shot without intervening vegetation. What time of the day did you shoot this?

A bit surprised to hear that its been three years since you bought your camera kit. Time flies. :)

PS: Where is Bhosari?

Mrudul Godbole
07-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Lovely. Nice that you could photograph it on a tree in the clear. Good eye contact and composition. I have still not got a decent photograph of this shy bird :(. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi, Bhosari is a suburb of Pune. It comes on the way to Mumbai from Pune.

Prajwal J Ullal
07-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Its rather on Pune Nashik Highway, also an army area, hence lush green vegetation in most off their restricted area
Sabyasachi Sir, this was shot somewhere in early noon, 2-3p.m. if i am not wrong.
Mrudul mam, its been difficult for me too, had several close encounters during my Baramati days, but cud never capture them on frame, this day I was quite lucky for getting a clear shot.
And yes it was really not easy to digest that my other better half is 3 yrs and 35k clicks old :)

Saktipada Panigrahi
08-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Nice composition. The bird looks beautiful against contrast colours of the background and with its walking pose. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild