PDA

View Full Version : Jackal in Monsoon Greens | Kabini

Sucheth Lingachar
18-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Photographed at Kabini, From my archive

Nikon D7000, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E

F/5.6, 1/320s, ISO 800

Mrudul Godbole
18-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Nice sighting. The greenery looks nice. When was this photographed? Did you try any horizontal compositions? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Good to see this image of a jackal, a predator that is often not given its due despite its ecological role. The vertical composition looks nice. Slightly toning down the saturation would be good. When I was in Kabini, I remembered and tried to give you a call but for some reason the call didn't go through. :( Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Vijayasarathy Sekar
24-09-2014, 01:24 PM
One word to describe that look. 'Vicious'.

But I hear they are one of those misunderstood creatures. Apparently they are the only mammals faithful to its mate.

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Nice habitat image. Piercing look in the eyes. Its facial looks different from what I have seen in Corbett, Hazaribagh and Central India. Colours are more akin to what I see in South Bengal. It seems this one, though an adult is smaller in size. Jackal in India usually hunts alone, sometimes in packs. I have not read any specifics about its devotion. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild