PDA

View Full Version : Gaur and Calf

Mrudul Godbole
03-10-2014, 11:24 AM
This was photographed in Bandipur. From the same series I posed earlier. I was trying to photograph the calf, but as the mother was just behind it, thought of including her as well. The framing is a bit tight. I have used 180mm, zooming out more would have been better :(.

Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 1600, 1/200, f5.6, hand held, full frame

Comments and Critiques welcome..

Shyamala Kumar
03-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Lovely image of a Gaur mother and her frisky calf.Agree that more space all around would have added a great deal to the composition.Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-10-2014, 01:04 PM
One can see from this image that it was raining a lot. I agree that slightly wider would have been good. This image also shows the difference in colour of the young ones. Also one gets an idea of how the gaur uses its fore and hind legs to move. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

V S Sankar
05-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Good image Mrudulji.I liked the closer framing!I would have liked a closer framing of both Gaurs with their heads only frame as well.Difficult to photograph in the rains but you got a good image.

Regards

Mrudul Godbole
05-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks all for the comments. :).

Saktipada Panigrahi
05-10-2014, 05:33 PM
The pose of the calf looks exquisitely beautiful. 'The cow is square-built with much hair on the throat. The young calf born to this type tends more to be of a brown-pink colour at birth than a golden fawn.' Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

'.......' :These features were observed by M.Krishnan, our great teacher in this type of Gaur.

Roopak Gangadharan
10-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Like the pose and the scene. agree with comments above.
TFS
Roopak