PDA

View Full Version : The spotted one Tiger beetle

Prajwal J Ullal
20-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Spotted this beauty during my recent bird walk at Bhandup Pumping Station. Though my anticipation of sighting early migrants was crushed with very low migrant birds but was amazed with the range of insects that had been nurturing in the amazing natural growth of the pumping station.
This particular one, Six spotted Tiger Beetle, had been at a spot, on a path way to a water body, and seemed to stay put in the same area for a long time as I had spotted it while going towards the water body and also while returning back, almost 45mins later.
It was a cautious one, but I guess was injured or stayed stationary at a position without any motion and all of a sudden would run off for few feet and again repeat the same behavior.

EXIF:
Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250IS
F/0 (reverse lens)
Shutterspeed: 1/200
ISO 100
Handheld, Built in flash used

Sabyasachi Patra
23-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Nice image. From this angle, there is a hint of the habitat. Its large eye looks good. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
24-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Nice colours and details. The low angle looks good. Nicely captured.

Abhishek Jamalabad
28-10-2014, 07:21 PM
A nice image of one of my favourite subjects :). The DoF looks good for a reversed-lens image. How much of a crop is this?
Unusual behaviour for a tiger beetle in my opinion. They are usually extremely skittish and fast, and tough to get a close shot of.

Prajwal J Ullal
30-10-2014, 01:31 PM
I think its a small crop, not more than 15-20% crop (cropped for composition)

Roopak Gangadharan
15-11-2014, 08:50 AM
nice image.

TFS
Roopak