PDA

View Full Version : Jackal

Rajbir Oberoi
11-11-2014, 10:45 AM
A Promise sealed with equal measures of Hope & Surprise :

Surprised to spot a Jackal in the concrete jungle Mumbai has turned out to be but hope can never cease to exist. The picture is evident of the fact that with little efforts from each one of us, we can co-exist in harmony with those who are an important part of ecological cycle & are residents on earth just like humans!

Canon 7d + Canon 100-400mm
AV Mode, Spot Metering
ISO 1000, F/5, 1/200s, @ 235mm, Monopod used

Bhandup Pumping Station, Mumbai.

Saktipada Panigrahi
11-11-2014, 03:49 PM
The image sends out the message that we can co-exist if we have good intention. The Jackal looks healthy and may be almost dark in colour. Nice eye contact. Good work. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Rajbir Oberoi
11-11-2014, 04:35 PM
thanks SaktiWild :)

Mrudul Godbole
11-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Really rare to see a jackal within such close proximity of human habitation. Its good that is quite healthy which shows that wild animals can survive well if given the right conditions. You got a nice head turn and eye contact. The plastic bag on the left is a bit distracting but also helps to point out the presence of humans :(. Thanks for sharing.

Rajbir Oberoi
11-11-2014, 07:35 PM
thanks Mrudul, yes even i was surprised to see it there, in fact that morning one fellow photographer at BPS was talking about spotting a Jackal there and i was fortunate to spot it, being a shy one, he ran away after this click and yes that white plastic bag is distracting but i purposely included it to show the presence of humans there and how they dirty the places wherever they go....

Roopak Gangadharan
11-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Nice. good eye contact and i like the frame. the coat colour looks a bit different from the specimens seen in the country side here. jackals are found in almost all the larger towns in north kerala. they have adapted very well in these surrounding and are seen out in the late nights near garbage dumps, hiding in day time in places like sewage tunnels, canals, dilapidated houses, closed factories/ workshops etc.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2014, 11:33 AM
They do adapt well with their habitat, mostly scavenging and when they find a chance they don't hesitate to attack prey larger than them. Which AF point were you using? The focus seems to have locked on the vegetation on the left, as it is brighter than the jackal.

Rajbir Oberoi
19-11-2014, 11:45 AM
i was using centre AF point, as i was shooting birds and dint get time to change my AF Point...