PDA

View Full Version : Wayanad, Tholpetty Range

Siddhartha Gogoi
05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
One of the most beautiful places in South India to photohraph Gaurs....

Sabyasachi Patra
05-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Siddhartha,
A nice landscape. However, the image uploaded is too small. You can upload an image upto 800pixel along the longest side. That would help in critiquing better.

Please post the exif details, ISO, camera and lens etc, so that we can comment better. The sky looks to be a bit bright.

I have been to tholpetta range, however I find people honking inside and driving fast to complete a 45 minute round. Tourism is unregulated there. In the evening, I have seen lots of gaurs near the road.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Siddhartha Gogoi
05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi,

Thanks for you're comments, appreciate it.
I'm very sorry I forgot to include the exif detail, I'm mentioning about the camera & the lens however I forgot about the other detail except for the fact that it was taken on the 6th Jan, 09.
Camera - Nikon D80
Lens - Nikkor 18-55mm

You're right Sabyasachi the sky does look very bright because it was very very misty and the whole forest looked very mesmerizing.

Sabyasachi, I've been there just once and I did not find anything to complain about and also all the safari jeeps have a single uniform colour olive green which is very good. I did come across a lot of resorts dotted all along the forest which looks a bit alarming. I'm heading there this weekend and I hope to have a good wild time and hope the situation did not turn grim.

Thanks & Regards,
Siddhartha

Bibhav Behera
05-08-2009, 10:21 PM
nice composition... you can try to reduce the sky highlights a bit more...

Mrudul Godbole
05-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Nice feel of the jungle. Nice composition, the path leading the eye into the image.

AB Apana
06-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Agree about the highlights. Never been to Tholpatty myself, but the area seems dry for Wynad.

Apana

Siddhartha Gogoi
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the comments and feedbacks, I only sharpened the photo a little bit and I did not wanted to change the exposures as that would've taken away the mist and the early morning feel of the jungle. This place looks quite dry because this photo was taken on Jan and Wayanad does not receive a lot of rainfall at that time. Appreciate it.

Regards,
Siddhartha

Rahul Parekh
16-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Hmmmmm beautiful :) love the feeling...