PDA

View Full Version : Indian Robin

Chandreyee Murishwar
27-11-2014, 10:49 PM
This bird allowed us to come extraordinarily close during one of our birding weekends.
Do correct me if I've ID'd the bird incorrectly
Canon 600d, f/5.6, ISO 800
Ragihalli, near Bangalore

I'm an absolute novice and eager to learn . I would really appreciate comments and critiques

Roopak Gangadharan
28-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Hi,
Good eye contact. this is an indian robin male. not a very shy species hence allows close approach. try catching your subjects on a natural perch. Man made structures do not usually add value in nature photography and picturing a bird in its natural surroundings is much better.

Giving complete EXIF details will help other comment on your images. what is the shutter speed here? the image looks soft possibly due to focus not being proper, also check if the file size you are uploading is within 300kb and 1024 pixels on the longest side.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
28-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Nice eye contact. The clean background adds to the composition. Seems the light is a bit harsh, so there are some highlights on the pole. Photographing early morning or late evenings help to get soft light and better details. Do post the EXIF details. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
28-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Nice to see the male. Nice eye contact. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
29-11-2014, 12:16 PM
I agree with the previous comments. The eye contact is good. Also let us know how you processed your image. The blacks in the bird have lost details. So you have to reduce the contrast and lift the shadows and darks. We can give detailed comments if you tell us all the facts of how you clicked the image with exif details as well as how you processed it.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi