PDA

View Full Version : The Lone Female..

Nishith Kumar
28-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Nilgai shows marked sexual dimorphism. Unlike male Nilgai which are grey/grayish blue in color the females and the young ones are brown in color and doesn't possess horns. This picture was taken by me in the month of July 2014. The bare brown earth was sprinkled with greenery, thanks to recent bouts of rain.

Sabyasachi Patra
29-11-2014, 12:12 PM
The colours are a bit oversaturated and the blacks in some areas have lost details. So reducing the contrast a bit will also help. The details in the head are also a bit less. How are you processing your images? How much of a crop? What are the exif details?

Nishith Kumar
30-11-2014, 01:04 AM
The colours are a bit oversaturated and the blacks in some areas have lost details. So reducing the contrast a bit will also help. The details in the head are also a bit less. How are you processing your images? How much of a crop? What are the exif details?

I totally agree with your observation Sabyasachi .. Actually I did messed up the saturation & contrast part during image processing! I generally shoot raw and do the processing using Canon digital photo professional software.
Exif info:
Camera: Canon 1100D
Lens: Sigma 150-500mm
White Balance: Auto
Exposure time: 1/320
Focal length: 500mm
Apperture: 8.0
ISO:100

After going through the photography tips section, I am seriously considering to buy a Monopod & ball head.

-Nishith

Mrudul Godbole
01-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Nice pose. The fresh grass with the new offshoots look nice. Agree reducing the contrast would be good. If you use proper hand holding techniques then you should be able to get sharp images if the shutter speed is around 1/100. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
02-12-2014, 12:53 PM
the grassy habitat looks nice. agree the details seem lost , focus seems locked on the grass in FG.

TFS
Roopak