PDA

View Full Version : Black Tip Reef Shark

Bibhav Behera
30-11-2014, 08:43 AM
This was shot while snorkelling in Maldives. This particular individual was around 3-4 feet in length. We saw much bigger ones 7-8 ft while scuba diving.
This was shot with the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition which doesn't have exposure controls and doesnt shoot RAW.

Cropped from top.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Good to see an underwater shot of a shark. Did you use a medium mode in the GoPro to shoot? The exif in your image states f2.8, 1/60.

Look forward to your other images clicked during snorkelling and scuba diving. Have never done scuba diving. I was planning to do that in Andamans, but not sure about the safety aspects.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
30-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Hi Sabyasachi, I was planning to use the 5D Mark III inside the dicapac waterproof housing for diving and snorkeling but the front element in that started leaking so I didn't want to risk it. Switched to my Gopro. This was shot in the full 12mp mode.

Abhishek Jamalabad
01-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Nice. Most of the shark is fairly sharp. I like the reflection of the fin. How deep did you take the Dicapac to cause it to leak?

Mrudul Godbole
01-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Nice capture. Good to see some species from the sea world :-). Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
01-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks Sabyasachi, Mrudul and Abhishek.

Abhishek, it started leaking even when I was taking the two world images half submerged in the surface. Its not a very reliable product considering the cost of your camera plus lens.

Roopak Gangadharan
06-12-2014, 10:04 AM
nice to see this..how many shark species did u see??

Bibhav Behera
06-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Just the one species in good numbers near the reefs. In deep water while on a boat we did see a dark grey 10" dorsal fin. Couldn't identify it but must have been a big fellow and one from a different species.

Murugan Anantharaman
08-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Lovely picture. Could almost pass off as an aquarium shot, well executed in the wild. Thanks for sharing.