PDA

View Full Version : A world of colour and one without!

Bibhav Behera
03-12-2014, 10:06 AM
I was in Maldives trying out some semi immersed shots (above and below the water level). I was using the sun against my back for most of the it. But I realised I could use the beach hut and the sun in the same direction and overexpose the scene rendering the area above water colourless/overexposed. At the same time I could have the colour of the water against the underwater reefs. The trickling water from the waterproof housing reduced the sharpness of the top area which gave a nice soft feel to the hut. I liked the faint silhouettes of the two people in the top right part of the frame. I know that we generally tend to not post landscapes with human elements here in this forum, but my objective was to show an untouched colourful world and a human modified colourless one in a single frame.

This image is not digitally modified nor has it been selectively processed.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III, 17-40 f/4L USM @ 40mm, Dicapac Waterproof Housing
SS 1/800 (+0.3)
f/9
ISO 800

Full Frame. Comments and critiques welcome.

Abhishek Jamalabad
03-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Very nice. I like the message this conveys. The lower half looks serene and still- a world that has been around for millenia, while the upper half represents the blur that is human civilisation, a mere fraction of the timescale.

Mrudul Godbole
03-12-2014, 04:19 PM
The soft blur in the top contrasts nicely with the lower half. I liked the different perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
06-12-2014, 09:49 AM
super, this has come out well i liked the concept and the execution end to end...there is no end to human greed...wish for a turtle or a ray swimming along...:001_smile:

TFS
Roopak

Jitendra Katre
06-12-2014, 04:41 PM
very good, like the message it conveys..