PDA

View Full Version : Red-breasted Flycatcher_in my village in WB

Samrat Sarkar
03-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Among all the sounds of nature that wafts into human ears the most melodious ones are perhaps the chirping of birds. Yes, when I say this I also have in my mind the sounds of the withered leaves, the sounds of the rain etc. And in the mellow morning sunrays the chirping of birds reminds me of my easygoing and simple childhood days. As I grew up I came to know that that these birds breed in the faraway Kashmir region or even far towards North. And in the winter season they become our guests. Its’ “check, check” sound is still fresh in my memory. The sunrays are still pure as it always was; only some nonsense thoughts have occupied my mind… in the years to come among all these plays of nature will these birds visit us every year in the winter and will they utter that sweet sounds in our ears?
Canon 7D + Canon 500mm F4 IS II USM + Monopod
ISO 1000, 1/1000, f4, Av, small crop

Mrudul Godbole
03-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Cute bird. Lovely eye contact and perch. Good you could get the sun light on the eye. You are lucky to still sight and hear the chirping of these birds every morning. In cities its difficult to sight these birds these days :(. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Wonderful thoughts. If we act as gracious hosts by keep a spare bedroom for our guests ie leaving their habitat intact, then they will sure come year after year and bring us much joy.

The bird looks such cute and delicate. The eye contact is nice. The open beak tells a story. The wide open aperture of f4 has resulted in shallow depth of field. What is the yellow diffused border on the right? Is it a tree trunk? Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
03-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Nice image. good eye contact and good write up. hope they keep coming back to your village.
TFS
Roopak

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
04-12-2014, 02:15 PM
WONDERFUL capture of this frquent moving bird.

Murugan Anantharaman
05-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Nicely captured, the patch of light on the bird looks nice. Lovely words, points to ponder, very subtly put. Thanks for sharing.