PDA

View Full Version : A.p.f...

Prajwal J Ullal
22-12-2014, 11:34 AM
THis Asian Paradise Flycatcher has been spotted on this tree for the second time. Everytime (atleast for the last two trips) it would fly around from one branch to the other, early in the morning, and once its aware about our presence it would fly higher on the tree. I assume that it has defined this area as its own territory and prefers enjoying its appetite rather than roaming around other parts of the park. While I was trying to capture the frame I was asked to leave the area by the local guard mentioning it was a restricted area. Disappointed by it when I was moving out of the restricted area, I spotted it perched on a branch, from outside of the restricted area, immediately I tried framing it with my 55-250 and could manage to get this shot. The frame, though a huge crop, seemed to capture the beauty of the bird in a decent manner and quality, with almost whole of its tail in frame.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
f/5.6
Shutterspeed 1/160
ISO 800
Handheld

Roopak Gangadharan
22-12-2014, 12:45 PM
nice sighting. seems far. winter is a good time to catch them as there is a migrant population which come in to add to the resident population of this bird in the south. This year however the migrant numbers seem low till now, in these parts.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
23-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Agree it's quite difficult to photograph this bird. I too have sighted it a couple of times but still not have got a pleasing photograph ��. You got it well through the branches in the given conditions.Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Where was this photographed? If this is not an official Protected Area/sanctuary then it is important to know the place and date because later on this will serve as a record.

Prajwal J Ullal
24-12-2014, 06:24 PM
This was inside Sanjay Gandhi National park, The NIC area to be precise