PDA

View Full Version : The king of marsh

Prajwal J Ullal
27-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Everytime I visit Bhandup pumping station I have the opportunity to spot a Marsh harrier along the disposed water area, and occasionally I get to go too close to it and get a clear capture of it. This one, the latest, was one of the closest and clearest snap I could manage in the recent times. It was surveying the whole length of the waterbody and took shelter on a tree that was along the banks of this waterbody. After sometime, probably after spotting us around on the other side or some other wader that was few metres from it, it took off and went to the farther side of the waterbody, before disappearing out of sight into the shallow bushy area.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 55-250IS
F/5.6
Shutterspeed 1/500
ISO 100
Handheld

Roopak Gangadharan
27-12-2014, 10:11 AM
you got it at a good angle and seems close. good eye contact. but the BG with wire mesh and steel rods takes the punch out of this otherwise lovely shot.

TFS
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Nice wingspread of the raptor in flight. Good eye contact. But background..............Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
28-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Lovely flight shot. Nice eye contact. Good details. Your frequent visits has helped you to track this bird and get a close image of it in flight. Agree the wire mesh in the background is distracting, but I feel the image shows that these days the habitat of the birds have changed and now they are surviving closer to the human habitats. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
04-01-2015, 06:21 PM
The wire mesh gives a feeling of a caged bird lacking freedom. Do other species have a chance to live a free and independent life?