PDA

View Full Version : The buzzing carpenter bee

Prajwal J Ullal
27-12-2014, 10:07 AM
While roaming around the Bhandup pumping station I came across this beauty and it sat on tip of a twig for a moment before it was disturbed by the presence of few other ppl from the other end. It went off so I moved ahead searching for any migrant birds. But when we returned back it was back in that same spot resting for a moment and flying off and again back in 2-3mins, again rest for a good 30-60 secs and go off. This time it wasnt much bothered by our presence and rather would go off inbetween to fight or catch u with another similar sized carpenter bee and again return back to the spot. This continued for over 20mins and then it moved ahead to some other spot. This long moment helped us get great shots of the bee, the attached image is one of the images I could manage to capture.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 55-250IS
F/5.6
Shutterspeed 1/320
ISO 100
Handheld

Mrudul Godbole
28-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Wow..!! Lovely close up of the bee. Liked the details in the eyes and the body. The clean background adds to the composition. Your patience has helped to get a nice closeup. Did you try using a higher ISO and shutter speed? Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
02-01-2015, 06:41 PM
nice closeup..the wing blur gives a sense of motion. Nicely done.
TFS
roopak